Which Cottage Scotland was started in 2004, we work with Scottish holiday home owners and managers to maximise occupancy and showcase viewers a superb selection of Scottish holiday houses. A unique portfolio and owners and guests benefit from no commission charges on each bookings. We put guests directly in touch with owners / manager so they can book direct. Holiday activities, travel and tourism guides and top holiday tips from owners to help you plan your stay.
Scottish holiday homes
Big Houses in Scotland
Late breaks and offers
COTTAGES, CASTLES - CROFTS AND HOUSES TO RENT.
Which Cottage for you to rent in Scotland,
self-catering accommodation and recommended Scottish holiday activities.
Holiday cottages allow you to have a flexible holiday, whether you require a base for your holidays activities in Scotland, or simply you are looking for a Scottish self-catering break. You can search Which cottage for holiday cottages throughout Scotland.
You will find properties ranging from traditional highland crofts, Georgian mansion houses to Scottish castles, coastal cottages and wonderful rural retreats. If you want a bucket and spade family holiday, you must look for seaside cottages on the West Coast, where the backdrop is amazing and the beaches are empty! The East of Scotland also has wonderful empty beaches with miles and miles of sand for you to play on.
Cottages for you to relax in, some have luxury accommodation - others have more practical accommodation but all the cottages are for you to have quality holiday time in Scotland!
Promote your area for holiday visitors if you are running a holiday rental business
We have holiday cottages in Scotland ourselves and are happy to share our experience over the years of the rental market. It's a very fluid market with many issues affecting holiday trends. Promote what you know to be interesting, meaningful holiday activities in the area that you live - a little local knowledge can make a visitors experience totally different - so give the inside track on what to do when visiting your property.
If you are buy a holiday house as an investment and want to set up a self-catering cottage business - read our free guide for holiday cottage owners and contact us with any questions, we are happy to help.
Scottish rental areas
- Scottish Islands - South Uist, Outer Hebrides, Isle of Mull, Isle of Arran, Isle of Skye
- Highlands - Inverness-shire, Ross-shire, Sutherland, Wester Ross, Kyle of Lochalsh, West Coast Scotland
- Speyside - Moray, Nairn, Inverness-shire
- Deeside and Aberdeenshire
- Argyll, Taynuilt, Oban, Ardnamurchan, Lochgilphead, Dunoon, Ardnamurchan Peninsular, Glendaruel
- Perthshire - Crieff, Pitlochry, Comrie, Perth, Gleneagles, Dunkeld, Dunning, Alyth, Glenisla, Aberfeldy
- Fife and Angus, Arbroath, Anstruther, St Monans, Elie, Falkland, St. Andrews, Kirkaldy
- Trossachs - Crianlarich, Stirlingshire, Renfrewshire in the Clyde Valley, Clackmannanshire, Dunbartonshire
- Scottish Borders - Melrose, Peebles, Lanarkshire, West Linton, Selkirkshire.
- Edinburgh and Lothians - Dunbar, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Longniddry, South Queensferry, North Berwick, Haddington
- Dumfries and Galloway - Newton Stewart, Kirkcudbright, Castle Douglas, Carsluith, Wanlockhead, Galloway
Top features for holiday cottages
Open fire / wood burning stove
Pet friendly / enclosed gardens
Seaside beach holidays
Types of Scottish holiday properties for rent
- Large country houses
- Crofts and farm houses
- Traditional cottages
- Modern holiday homes
- Eco-friendly retreats
- Seaside and coastal properties
- Beach house
- Rural bothies
- Groups of holiday cottages for large parties
- City apartments
- Accessible accommodation
- Gate house
- City apartement
We advertise quality holiday property throughout Scotland.
Recommended Scottish holiday activities and tourism trip and tours.
Scottish Whisky Distilleries
Top holiday activities in Scotland
- Hill walking and mountain climbing
- Cycling - road cycling and off road
- Sailing - loch and sea sailing
- Mountain climbing
- Blue flag beaches - with miles of sand
- Amazing beaches and surfing
- Hots tubs - with jacuzzi
- Swimming pools - indoor and out
- Lochs and water sports
- Tennis courts - in door and out - Perthshire is the home of Andy Murray - what an inspiration
- Self drive classic car touring
- Drifting and skid pan driving
- 4x4 off road driving - driven and driving experiences
- Highland Games
- Falconry and bird watching - colonies of sea birds, birds of prey, elusive and endangered species
- Castles and historic homes
- Whisky Distilleries - tours and tastings
- Gin Distilleries- tours and tastings
- Gardens to visit
- Skiing - Down hill and cross country at Aviemore, Cairngorms, Glenshee, Nevis, Glenshee, The Lecht, Glencoe
- Fishing in rivers and Lochs - Fish for sea trout, wild trout or stocked trout, Salmon, Fly fishing
- Shooting - Pheasant and partridge shooting, Grouse, Stalking deer - red or roe, clay pigeons
- Golf - links and parkland gold courses - and plenty of them! over 500 in Scotland
- Spa days - many five star spas throughout Scotland offering treatments and massages for total relaxation
- Scottish Archaeological sites - Historic Scotland curates archaeological interest sites
- Film locations in Scotland - TV, drama and movie film shoot locations - Harry Potter, Chariots of Fire, Rob Roy and Skyfall
- Museums and exhibitions
- Wildlife parks - Deep sea world, Deer park, Highland safari parks, Scottish sea life centre, Edinburgh butterfly and insect world
- Restaurants and pubs - a nation becoming passionate about locally grown artisan goods, delicious, healthy food awaits
- Fascinating Libraries - Scotland oldest oldest free, public lending library now a museum by Crieff, Perthshire.
Scottish country cottages for you to spend your vacation / leisure time in
Holiday activities and recreational inspiration for holiday planning
Golf holiday in Scotland
Walking holidays in Scotland
Driving holidays in Scotland
Fishing in Scotland
Want to list your Scottish holiday cottage? Contact us